We’re hours away from the next Apex Legends title update, and Respawn Entertainment is bringing a lot to the table this time around. The only question is … Can the servers keep up? Here’s what they have to say …
SERVER PROBLEMS? – Respawn Entertainment tries
As we head into the Season 11 launch, let’s take a look at what Respawn Entertainment had to say – courtesy of AlphaIntel – about the ongoing server issues Apex Legends is facing …
“We have redoubled our efforts to resolve connection issues and intermittent lags that some players may experience at different times and regions of the world.
“We have expanded our dedicated server teams at Respawn, creating new ways for us to see, predict and respond to potential bandwidth issues, and implement new ways we can do the back-end of it. ‘a technically massive live game like Apex. less bandwidth.
“We hear from you and the community and we are working around the clock to resolve these server issues.”
BATTLE PASS – Quick overview of new skins
There’s so much to look forward to in Apex Legends Season 11 – the Battle Pass isn’t even really up there when you consider Ash and the CAR SMG. However, that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be.
For 950 Apex Coins you can get your hands on the Season 11 Battle Pass and 110 levels of content, including …
- Desert Mirage – Legendary Mirage Skin
- Cover fire – Skin Spitfire
- Glorious Fighter – Legendary Gibraltar Skin
- Bucking Bronco – Skin 30-30
- Visionwalker – Epic Wraith Skin
- Ante Up – Volt Skin
- Compound Fracture – Bocek Skin
- Pipe Dream – Responsive Ranger Appearance
If you don’t want to pay 950 Apex Coins, you’ll get the following free rewards this season …
- 7 Apex packs
- 6 weapon skins
- 6 loading screens
- Season 11 “Win” Banner Trackers for All Legends
- 1 music pack
- 300 Apex Coins
- Season 11 Banner Badge
RELEASE DATE – When does season 11 begin?
Apex Legends’ next season of content is set to begin as soon as the current season ends – that means we know exactly when to expect the next season of content to begin.
Season 10 is set to end on November 2 – so that’s when Season 11 will begin. Specifically, looking at previous seasons, we believe Season 11 will begin at the following times:
- 10:00 am Nov 2 PST
- 1:00 p.m. November 2 EST
- 5:00 p.m. November 2 GMT
These times are not confirmed, so take them with a pinch of salt.
There’s going to be a new Battle Pass to check out, the start of a new Ranked Season in Battle Royale and Arenas, and much more …
CARD ROTATION – Two of the four cards are in play
We don’t know why yet, but it looks like Kings Canyon and Olympus are – once again – being benched in Apex Legends. Season 11 patch notes confirm that only Storm Point and World’s Edge will be available to play in the battle royale map rotation.
With that in mind, the first half of Ranked BR is going to be played on Storm Point and the second half is going to be played on World’s Edge – if nothing changes.
On top of that, there will be no battle royale locations included in the Arenas map rotation – only custom Arenas maps will be available.
We’re not sure why Apex Legends is limiting the number of Battle Royale cards, but the decision to only include custom Arenas cards makes sense. It will be interesting to see how people react to this throughout the season, as the first reaction is fairly shared online. Some people want all the cards, some don’t really care. It’s difficult, but it could be due to storage space issues.
NEW LEGEND – Ash joins the Apex Games
Season 11 strengthens the Apex Legends roster with a new playable legend: Ash. She’s going to hit hard with a set of offensive abilities which you can check out below:
- Passive ability
- Marked for death
- Ash’s map shows the location of recent “death boxes”. Tap on a “death box” to mark the remaining attackers (once per box);
- Marked for death
- Tactical ability
- Snare Bow
- Throw a spinning trap that damages and ties up the first enemy that gets too close;
- Snare Bow
- Ultimate ability
- Phase break
- Rip out a one-way portal to a targeted location;
- Phase break
NEW WEAPON – Titanfall’s SMG Car is here
Apex Legends’ latest weapon is a unique SMG that uses both light ammo and heavy ammo to keep you firing even when you’re short.
“The CAR hits hard but manages the light, this hybrid weapon is the best of both worlds when you’re ready to take a stand and become the most dangerous thing on the island.”
A fully equipped CAR has also been added to the loot rotation since the start of Season 11.
NEW MAP – Storm Point and its wildlife are coming
Storm Point is here and it’s the biggest Battle Royale map to date. Grav Cannons are a new feature that should help you with your in-game rotation and three types of wild animals can be found scattered around Storm Point as an opportunity to get more loot as you play.
“It looks so alluring, but the pristine beaches and crystal clear waters are just the eye of the hurricane. All around, dangers swirl: wild prowlers, poisonous spiders and gathering storms do that add to the tension in the air. Now the legends are here to make this place their own. “
Storm Point and World’s Edge will be the two maps in the Battle Royale rotation at the start of Season 11.
WATTSON BUFF – It’s about time, right?
The only other major feature in the Season 11 update is Wattson’s long-awaited buff that is introduced in next week’s update – when Season 11 finally releases. Here are the patch notes for those changes in particular …
- Improved reliability and responsiveness of item placement in Wattson’s Tactical and Ultimate world.
- Wattson can place his Tactical and Ultimate items on valid surfaces above Wattson’s eye level (to a reasonable extent).
- General increase in hitbox size, to compensate for the removal of the low profile in the Legacy update.
- Tactic: Perimeter Defense
- Increased damage when crossing a fence by 33%. (15 to 20)
- Increased debuff duration when crossing a fence by 100%. (1.5 to 3 seconds)
- Increased the time allowed to be hit again by a subsequent closing effect by 100%. (0.5 to 1 second).
- Reduced cooldown by 50% (30 to 15 seconds).
- Increased placement range by 50%.
- Decreased the time between closing and reactivating fences after an ally passes through them by 60%. (1.0 -> 0.4 seconds)
- Wattson now moves at unarmed speed while preparing / placing fence nodes.
- Fence nodes can now be placed as soon as the weapon is ready, instead of waiting for the animation to finish.
- Ultimate – Interception Pylon
- The exit of the pylon has been considerably reworked.
- Reduced the number of active pylons Wattson can place from 3 to 1.
- The pylon now lasts forever (instead of expiring after 90 seconds).
- The Pylon now has a pool of 250 shields that can be distributed to nearby players, instead of effectively infinite shields.
- Increased the pylon shield recharge rate by 150% and smoothed the regeneration rate. (2 / second -> 5 / second, or more precisely: 1 / 0.5 second -> 1 / 0.2 second)
- When a pylon runs out of shields, it no longer reloads player shields, but can still zap incoming ammo.
- Taking damage while regenerating shields via the pylon delays continuous regeneration by 1 second.
- Ground UI and HUD elements now display the number of shields remaining in the pylon.
- Pinging a friendly pylon will now display the percentage of shields remaining in the pylon.
- The zapping of the pylons has been moderately reworked.
- Artillery is now zapped when the pylon detects it would hit any surface within range and line of sight of the pylon, instead of being zapped as soon as it comes in range.
- As part of the changes, current issues where the pylon does not reliably zap ammunition (especially regarding air strike capabilities and ammo bouncing off surfaces near the pylon) should now be addressed.