Fishing in Fortnite allows you to catch weapons, gear, and of course fish. Here’s everything you need to know, including how to find a fishing rod and the best fishing spots.
Fortnite Season 8 is well underway and there are plenty of new additions to unlock, including new Sideways weapons and brand new skins like Venom and Carnage.
Fishing is a useful way for you to collect neat gear, and this feature hasn’t changed much since its release, Chapter 2, Season 1. This guide will go over everything you need to know about Fishing, including the best fishing spots.
How to find a Fortnite fishing rod
The first thing you’ll get is a fishing rod, and these are pretty easy to get. You can find them as weapons in chests or as ground loot around Fortnite Island.
The best place to look is near bodies of water or inside barrels. Once you collect it, you’ll be ready to catch some fish. You might also find harpoons when looking for a fishing rod.
How to fish in Fortnite
Once you’ve acquired a fishing rod, you can use it to catch fish as well as neat weapons and gear. It’s fairly easy to do, but it takes patience.
Here’s how you can fish in Fortnite:
- Head to a fishing spot
- Equip your fishing rod
- Hold the action button to adjust the angle of your throw
- Let go of the button once it is in the center of the fishing spot to cast the line.
- Be patient and wait for a bite
- Once you have one, you can rewind your take
Fortnite fishing ground locations
It goes without saying that you will need to find a body of water if you want to go fishing in Fortnite. The good news is that the island offers many lakes and rivers to choose from.
You’ll know you’re near a good fishing spot once you spot white ripples in the water, showing signs of underwater creatures. Some ideal spots are Lazy Lake, Believer Beach, and the Pond above Retail Row.
The reason we recommend these spots is that they also contain barrels which you can research if you haven’t already acquired a fishing rod beforehand.
All fish effects in Fortnite
While you may be tempted to only research weapons, we also recommend adding fish to your inventory. This is because they provide you with a variety of different effects and benefits.
Here are all the fish effects in Fortnite:
- flop: Recover 40 health points
- Mythical goldfish: Instantly kill an opponent
- Rusty box: Deals 20 damage
- Slurpfish: Recover 50 Health or 50 Shield
- Small fries: Recover 25% health if health is below 75%.
- Vendetta flopper Mark nearby enemy
- Spicy fish Speed increase
- Hop Flopper Low gravity
- Astonished: Splash nearby enemy health and shields
- Shield Fish: Gives shields
- Thermal fish: Gives thermal vision
- Midas Fish: Returns all loot legendary
This activity is sometimes part of the game’s challenges. Week 3 punch card quests require you to consume a fish, restore health with one, and throw another into the water.
This covers everything you need to know about fishing in Fortnite. Also check out our guide on how to get the Bryson DeChambeau Fortnite Skin Pack and stay tuned to Charlie INTEL for more Fortnite.
Image credits: Epic Games